Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A little about me and about this blog



My name is Jackki. Like I said in my first entry I am married. Derek is the best. I love him so much and am pretty much the luckiest person.

We live in California in the Central Valley. Born and raised.

I am a community organizer and political organizer looking for something new. In the last 18 months I have lived in two states and worked on 3 major campaigns. I have worked 15 hour days and worked months without a day off. It has been all worth it. I wouldn't have done it if I didn't pour my heart and soul into it. I love organizing. I love working with people who want to make a positive change in their life, community, work or school.

The stress I can live with out. I am what some of my friends call a "bubble child" or "miracle baby"

When stressed the fuck out or activated by an allergy my body will be covered in hives. Really itchy and painful hives. Sometimes my eyes are swollen. It. is. the. worst.

Since most organizing jobs have a lot of stress I tend to react with hives. I have gotten better about keeping them at bay, but without fail when a campaign ends I breakout in the worst ways.

I am on a new journey to take care of my self and unload my stress in ways that won't result in this. I have decided to take my organizing skills and organize myself.

Parts of this journey are:

  • Getting healthy (or getting a "hot bod" as sister puts it)
  • Sticking to a budget
    • An easy to use budget that works!
  • Grocery shopping sensibly (part of the budget too)
  • Getting things organized so my husband and I are on the same page
  • and whatever else!
I mostly wanted to start this blog because I felt it important to track my progress. Also I think it is a nifty tool to keep things organized. This along with Pinterest will be what I used for my online organization.

P.S. I called the blog chicken ounce after reading a chicken recipe to my husband. I tend to speak faster than I should and read "6 ounce chicken" as "chicken ounce" I couldn't stop crying from laughing.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Bloglovin follow...I'm following back and am looking forward to your journey. Growing up is a great adventure!

    Christy @ Creating a Beautiful Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Look forward to reading more on your blog too!

      Delete